Our school is organized into three levels of multi-grade classrooms:
Children's House - half-day 4 year-old and all day Kindergarten;
Elementary 1 - first, second and third grades; and
Elementary 2 - fourth, fifth and sixth grades.
There are many advantages of the Montessori multi-age approach.
* Students stay with the same teacher for two or three years providing uninterrupted learning and strong relationships.
* Classroom communities have a cooperative, family-like atmosphere where each student is respected and supported.
* Younger children learn from older children and quickly absorb the academic and social expectations
* Older children have the opportunity to practice leadership and to teach the younger children, thereby reinforcing what they have learned and allowing them to make meaningful connections to their current work.
* Multi-grade classrooms provide more opportunities for small-group or individualized work relative to ability and interest.
Our Montessori classroom teachers hold both a state teaching license and Montessori certification. They are experts in teaching and managing multi-age classrooms and in meeting the individual needs of each student.
You can learn more about our educational program by visiting the sections for each level under classroom pages.